Hey! I’m Micaela, and I’m an aspiring novelist/screenwriter who likes to talk shop and discuss books. Thanks for visiting my site. I created this blog for a few different reasons:
1) I want to share writing advice based on both my formal and informal education over the past several years. I’ve got a Master’s in Creative Writing, but there are some things I’ve had to learn the hard way — things my undergraduate and graduate degrees didn’t teach me. I’m hoping I can help some fellow aspiring writers avoid the same pitfalls and give them a helpful leg up.
2) I also want to talk about books, whether they’re books I’ve already read or books I’m excited to read. I don’t always read the most popular new releases; whatever mood strikes me determines what I read. Generally, though, I prefer old mythology and folklore texts, YA fantasy and contemporary novels, and history and historical fiction books dealing with the 19th and 20th centuries. In lieu of books, I may sometimes talk about movies or TV.
3) I want to connect with people who have the same or similar interests because, as I’ve seen others launch blogs, vlogs, etc. and gush about the books they love or rant about the books they hate or talk about what they think the best writing practices are, I’ve felt like someone on the outside looking in. I’m changing that now, so please feel free to reach out!
Other things to know about me:
– I will be developing a series of videos and a podcast featuring the writing advice I want to share. They will be available here and elsewhere.
– Though I already have a Master’s Degree in Creative Writing, I’m pursuing another Master’s Degree in Folklore.
– You can follow or friend me on Goodreads here.